I like feedback
This is not original. My lovely wife Mitzy and I saw it on a cooking show.
- Place the chicken breast side down with the drumsticks toward you.
- Cut through the back next to the spine from front to back.
- Cut through again next to the spine on the other side.
- Discard the spine or use it for stock.
- Looking at the breast from the inside, make a shallow cut in the center near the front to break the breast bone.
- Spread the chicken out flat and flip it over so the skin side is up.
- Tuck the wing tips underneath.
- Tuck the ends of the drumsticks through holes in the skin flaps.
Butterfly chicken cooks evenly because it's a single layer. It's moist because skin covers the top. It's easy to carve because all the pieces are on top.